Net Worth: $22 Billion
- Source of Wealth Bloomberg L.P
- Michael Bloomberg Age 71years old
- Michael Bloomberg Birth Place Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.
- Michael Bloomberg Height 5' 8" (1.73 m)
Michael Rubens Bloomberg
Michael Bloomberg net worth: American businessman, politician and philanthropist, Michael Rubens Bloomberg, has a net worth of $22 billion as of March 2012, according to Forbes’ rich list. Also 11th richest man in America and America’s richest politician, thanks to his multibillion-dollar data firm. He is the mayor of New York since 2002. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University in 1964 with a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, then earned an MBA from Harvard Business School in 1966. He founded Innovative Market Systems (later Bloomberg LP) in 1981. The new subscription service wired real-time financial data, research and news reports directly into dedicated terminals in business offices. He expanded into television, radio, publishing and the Internet with Bloomberg News, which was launched in 1990, and has become a prominent financial news source. The New York’s mayor pays himself a $1 salary, he rides subway and reportedly owns only two pairs of loafers for work. As a philanthropist Bloomberg has donated over $1.8 billion to more than 850 charities. He has donated a total of $200 million to his alma mater, Johns Hopkins University, and $50 million to Princeton and Carnegie. He was born Michael Rubens Bloomberg at St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in the Brighton neighborhood of Boston on February 14, 1942.
More Stats on Michael Rubens Bloomberg
- Michael Bloomberg Full Name Michael Rubens Bloomberg
- Michael Bloomberg Nationality United States
- Michael Bloomberg Date of Birth February 14, 1942
- Michael Bloomberg Ethnicity Jewish
- Michael Bloomberg Weight 142 lbs (64 kg)
- Michael Bloomberg Occupation Businessman, Politician, Philanthropist
- Michael Bloomberg Education MBA, Harvard Univ., BA/BS, Johns Hopkins Univ.
- Michael Bloomberg Children 2 ( Emma, Georgina)